9/20/11

Brisk Walking


Starting the run with a pose

I joined a fun run for a cause last early Sunday morning. It was entitled "Dalagan Para sa Katigulangan" (Running for the Aged). The proceeds will go to the Home for the Aged.

It was not the person who invited me, but the cause for the said activity, was really the reason that made me decided to join the run. I went with my two officemates and a friend. It was my first time to run and walked three kilometers long, and with a new pace. I mean, faster than I do ever since I started walking as an exercise. When I was young, my reason for walking was budget. I walked home from school everyday. It is no longer now. I have to walk because I need to. For health reason.  I prefer walking than brisk walking because I want to avoid perspiring even if I know it is necessary to sweat. Silly me. Also, I hate having short of breath and I do so when I walk fast. So I would walk with my own slower pace.

But that day, I felt different. We run slowly at first and brisk walked all the way to  the finish line. To my surprise, I didn't feel any short of breath. I sweat a lot. I felt good. I enjoyed walking with the pace of the sexy woman beside me who is a decade older than me.

I was inspired by her. She's half a century old and could walk faster than I do. Most woman I see of her age doesn't look as fit as her.  I told myself, when I reach this woman's age, I want to be as sexy and healthy as she is, mind and body.

It was not merely water that I sweat while walking. I sweated all the negative energies that was stored in my body for months now. It was an answered prayer to me. It took that event to make me realized a lot of things which I have momentarily forgotten.

My mission, my dreams, my spiritual and physical health and etc., but most importantly my focus.

It really troubled me and made me felt bad a few weeks ago.  One time I even wondered what is my purpose here on earth. Why do I meet all these people now? Why do I do what I do now. Why I am here?  ... and et se te ra...

Alas! It was just as easy as that. Sweating it out!

And yes....! To achieve even half of the things the woman I run with, I have to take action. I have to move higher or level up. To do more that I usually do. Take more risk. Be lazy no more. Avoid delays but take action.

To start with, I decided to walk again the next weekend. This time it will be

BRISK WALKING!

  ---- even without  a cause....!

  ---- even alone....!






Ralph, Neil, Sandra, Bea after the race.

One thing I didn't write. These ladies were the FIRST --- to the last.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...