5/1/12

Green Thumb


"An extra ordinary ability to make plants grow."

I have it. It is only now that I have given it much attention. Honestly, I had more important things in mind than planting. Also, it is only in recent years that had my own place to plant.

My desire to help the environment increased my desire to plant. Well, aside from being an entrepreneur.

I like to eat fruits, and so my desire to eat more made me also decide to plant fruit trees. For a year now, I have been buying fruits, grow the seeds and when it grows, I gave it to my friends and officemates and to those who wants to plant, too.

Some of my grown seeds I planted in our small lot in the country. I visited the place today and I was amazed how some have grown. Though some had died because nobody takes care of them often. Fortunately, we met a cousin one day and she asked if she could plant vegetables in our small lot so she could sell it in the market. We were so glad she did. Now, someone takes care of my plants there. Plus, we get free vegetables when we visit like today. I brought some of my grown fruit trees and transplanted it.


Guyabano or Soursop

Guyabano or Soursop

Rambutan
Avocado
Marang
Macopa
Santol
Kalamansi with squash crawling around
Papaya
The small lot is in the middle of a rice field at the foot of the coconut tree
 
It's not easy planting. I got blister digging holes. My one technique is to dig shallow holes then I just put the plants and top it with lots of soil. I know this is not the right way to do it but somehow I have grown many already.

This is my one gift that I am sharing to you, and to the world.

I hope this could inspire others to plant, too. There are a lot of barren lands. Maybe if others will only be conscious of our environment, somehow we can alleviate some inconveniences that we experience that is caused by our present environment. Sometimes I wish I could easily plant in those spare lands. But I know its impossible.







 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...