7/17/11

Moringa



I was hooked on Moringa!

Yes! One reason why I haven’t been writing lately. (Another one was my cousin's death)

But who is Moringa, anyway?

Actually it should not be “who” but “it”.

Moringa is a plant. Moringa Oleifiera is the real name.  The scientific name for Malunggay.

Malunggay is considered to be a complete food because of the amount of vitamins and minerals it contains. It is one of the richest source of essential nutrients often lacking in people’s diet. Some call it a miracle plant. It’s tiny leaves is capable of saving millions of lives. It could practically wipe out malnutrition in the planet.

An officemate taught me how make malunggay capsules years back. It was only recently that I decided to make my own when I found an abundant supply in our office backyard.
One task I have decided to do in my lifetime is to make and give love to my loved ones. But lately, I noticed that I haven't been doing good in this area. I was glad I met Moringa. Making malunggay capsule requires a lot of patient but I enjoyed it. I took it as making love while making the capsule and giving love as I distributed the capsules. It's a good thing that they already know how great malunggay is that they really appreciated it. Most of all its for free.

I have searched online, watched videos and read blogs. One great thing I found out about Malunggay is that it is rich in Calcium and Iron which is most needed by women, especially mothers. It is also rich in Vitamin A which is vital for our sight. After eating for just a month, malunggay has saved me from wearing  eye glasses. It has also saved me from dysmenorrhea.

One thing that caught my attention then was that, Moringa grows abundantly in tropical and sub-tropical regions like ours. Ironically, this is also where malnutrition and famine exist. It is so unfortunate that most people in the place doesn’t know about how amazing this tree is.

Hence, I now take this as an obligation to inform everyone I know about this amazing creation of God.

God doesn't make junks.... and it's always free!

Malunggay is one proof for that.

                                                            * * *
Click this to know how I made malunggay capsule.

                                                            * * *


Some facts about Malunggay

Fresh Leaves                                                   Dried Leaves
Gram for gram, fresh leaves contain about
 4 times the Vitamin A of Carrots                     10 times the Vitamin A of Carrots
 7 times the Vitamin C of Oranges                    1/2 the Vitamin C of Oranges
4 times the Calcium of milk                              17 times the Calcium of milk
3 times the Potassium of Bananas                     15 times the Potassium of
                                                                                Bananas
3/4 the Iron of Spinach                                   25 times the Iron of Spinach
3 times the Protein of Yugort                            9  times the Protein of Yogurt


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...