7/1/11

DELAYS


Have you experienced delays in your life? Lately? Today?

How do you take it?
 
I lined up before an Automated Teller Machine to withdraw this morning. There were three people before me. Well, actually it was only two, but the other woman stood ahead of me and I just let her. There were two ATM, anyway. While I was standing there waiting, I started to get a little bit impatient.  I noticed that the other woman seemed to be withdrawing big amount because she kept on repeating her transactions. I started to think of leaving. But I thought that I have already waited and I will just waste my time if I leave. So I continued to wait until it was my turn.
 
After office, I dropped by the supermarket. I was in a hurry. I know that it will close in an hour. In the counter, the cashier have just already finished entering my groceries when the lights went off, including the computer. Obviously the store doesn't have a UPS (uninterrupted power supply). My groceries which have already been packed were taken out to be entered in the computer again.  To my dismay, the computer keyboard didn't worked so I have to transfer to another cashier. And so I put back all my groceries to the cart.
 
It was already my turn when the lights went off again. It was so disgusting. How dare this supermarket have no UPS! I started to get impatient. My thought was to leave my grocery and go home. I hesitated for a while. Then I heard some cashiers and baggers complaining about going home late this time. That made me decide to leave. I thought maybe, I made the employees happy that they had less customer to attend to and so they could to go home early. I bet they were thankful to see me leaving even if they have to put back to the shelf all that I have taken. 

Outside, all kinds of vehicles seems to be in chaos. There is traffic. Many people were on the street side. As I got nearer, I noticed most of them were supermarket employees. They were all trying to get a tricycle. Unfortunately, when you are alone, no tricycle driver would be willing to give you a ride. I decided to walk home instead.

I was thankful for the chance to walk which gave me some time to reflect on what have happened to me today. To know what God was trying to teach me with those incidents.

Not all delays are bad, and not all delays are good either. To some, it occurs for a reasons, no matter how natural it could be. To some, it just happens unnoticed.


Today, to me, delays were sweet moments were I was able to commune with God. The chance where I was able to hear Him telling me a lot of things like, to keep still, be patient. Take time and relax.


To just let Him do His thing.
 


                                                        *****




 ---"GOD'S WAYS ARE NOT OUR WAYS, HIS THOUGHTS ARE NOT OUR THOUGHTS"---




                                                         *****


Delays are also a chance to see the beauty of God's creation like this one.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...