8/8/11

gArBage tRucK




"Gosh! Not again!....It seems like this truck is hunting me."

This happens almost every morning as I walk my way to church. I can't help being impatient. Why is this truck still around on the street in this time of the morning? It should have already finished collecting garbage on the street. Obviously, the people started their work late again.

Actually, what irritates me is the thought that I am fresh and clean in the morning and I am going to walk in the street racing with this garbage truck. Yes, its as good as that since they are stopping on every corner to collect garbage. You could just imagine the smell and the air that surrounds me whenever I pass by them and then when it would pass by me. What I do is to stop breathing and walk faster and pray that the wind would stop blowing or transfer to the other side of the street.

This happened in my previous residence in the neighboring province. Now I live in my hometown. I forgot about it already until I met this truck again while walking to church one morning.

 "Lord, what are you trying to tell me today?" I prayed. Then I started to reflect.

There are not just a few times when  I was also a garbage. Someone that make others' days bad smelling by hurting them through my words and actions. The smell of the garbage is nothing compared to the times that I would offend God and be a beautiful and sexy sinner. (Just making it sound nicer..... than the garbage, of course.)

Jesus as a garbage truck collects all these sins by reminding me about my misdeed and telling me it is time to go back to Him thru the sacrament of reconciliation. He has already paid for all my sins many, many years ago. Every day in the Eucharist I am reminded of this act of Jesus.

From the house, I am clean. On the way I get soaked with the bad air from the garbage truck. When I reach the church, it is then that I will be taking a bath again of God's forgiveness and blessings that will makes me real clean.
 
                   
"Remove my sin and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow." 
Psalm 51:07




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...