6/20/11

Sea Water


When you were a child, did you do this, too?






This act of my niece, Christine Anne, made me recall a story of a little boy playing by the seashore. He dug a small well in the sand and took water from the sea and filled it. While he was doing so, a man asked him. "What are you doing?
The boy answered, "I am putting all the water in the sea to this well."

I laughed at this story. I find it funny 'cause there are times that I think and behave like this little boy, too. The sad thing is, I don't even notice it sometimes.

I would only believe on what I think and won't listen to others.
Sometime I even forget to use my common sense, or worse, forget I have one.
Indeed there are a lot of impossible things in this world.
Like, yes, literally putting all the water in the sea in a well. Like getting healthy without watching what we eat. Like losing weight without observing a diet and exercise.

  Like wishing our prayers be granted without having faith. Like going to heaven with only faith and prayers without good works.

There is an old adage that says; "If you can't beat them, join them". 
This words reminds me of my one behavior with God. When I pray on something and feels that God does not approve, this adage help me deal with my emotions. 

Having short of breath is one thing I hate. Of course, I have ashma.  If I fight with God and insist my will, I will definitely have a short of breath, so what I would do is to just obey.  I would tell myself, "Bea, you can never beat God, so why not join God, huh?"
 
Indeed we can never put all the sea water in a well, so why not just leave it there!

Let us be contented with where we are and with what we are.
Let us focus on what we have and not on what we do not have.
Let us want what we have and not those that we do not have.
Let us live in the present and not in the future or past.

 To be truly at ease with all that you are and all that you have, this is contentment.

******


If the only prayer you said in your whole life is  "thank you",  that would suffice -- Meister Eckhart


******
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...