6/7/11

Hair Rebonding

How else do you take care of your hair?  

Hair Rebonding  is the latest and the most popular technique used today that transforms  unmanageable wavy and curly locks to a set of glossy, straight tresses having an appearance of a layer of black satin. It is the dream of all stylish women to have beautiful hair. Hair Rebonding change this dream to a reality. This is one of the most happening fashion trend followed by the girls of the present generation that does not exclude me.

I went to a beauty parlor yesterday to have my hair rebonded. Though it was already in my budget, but upon hearing how much it would cost me, I suddenly felt guilty.  

For days now, I have been thinking about my sick cousin.  It really pained me when during the time that she needed financial support, I wasn’t able to help her. My grandmother was also in the ICU at that time and I had to help my mother for her financial needs. My guilt came from the thought of spending that big amount for myself and not being able to help my cousin. Hence, I ended up having my hair relaxed and cellophaned. It cost me half of the price of hair rebonding.

I and my siblings went to visit my cousin this weekend.  She is so different now. She used to be so healthy, chubby, alive, and jolly. Now she is skin and bones. Weak and sad. Her face glowed upon seeing us. She just came out from a week hospital confinement. She should have gone under the knife but since the doctor didn’t promise her a good chance after, she decided to go home and wait on God’s will for her life. She is ready to die.

My cousin is younger than me, and I pity her. She could not enjoy her life to the full. She has been suffering so much now.

Her word’s continue to linger in my mind until now.  She said; “ If I only knew this thing would happen to me, I would have taken good care of my body. Now I tell my sister to stop eating the food that I have been eating or we were fond to eat. “  She said she recalls the time when I visited their place and I brought my own water with me. Now she understands why.

I remember when we were young, one thing I would look forward to spend weekends in their place is eating dried fish.  It was like in every meal there is dried fish and I would eat a lot. At home, we eat dried fish once in a blue moon and just little. In them, I eat as much as I want.

She recalls that when she had a job, she made a budget for junk foods, another budget for canned foods and drink soft drinks (soda) in almost every meal. These were the food that she would only dreamt of eating when she was younger. She drink less water, too.

I remember my officemate telling me not to have a hair rebonded because it’s expensive maintaining it. You have to spend a monthly treatment in order to maintain its fullness and shine.  But it’s worth it

In order to have good health, our body needs special treatment, too, not monthly but daily.  It is also` expensive but it’s worth it.

Today I am thankful  that during our younger days, my mother could only afford to give us transportation allowance to school, hence, I couldn’t buy the food that I wanted which were mostly junk foods. My father was a fruit lover, too. I remember how he would make delicious milk and avocado mix for us. It would then be our viand.  We don’t miss eating almost all kinds of local fruits in season.  Well, except expensive fruits like grapes, durian, mangoestin, apple and etc. When I got a job, I bought all those fruits that I missed and ate as much as I want. 

It was my father who influenced me to eat fruits but due to financial constraints when I was younger, I am not able to eat so much. (My father died when I was eleven years old).  

Some time ago, I was on an on-the-job training in another branch, I was having lunch with one of my officemates when someone  noticed her eating grapes and apple. She said; “starting today I will make it a point to eat fruits every day like Bea”. I was surprised to hear that. I didn’t think she would seriously take what I shared to her.

I feel sad to note that most younger people that I know today are not aware of the importance of eating plant foods. They are used to eating little or not at all of it. I would tell them then, “when you reach my age, you will feel the need to eat plant food and would eat all kinds that you can see, even the kind that you hate to eat now”.  I can’t really stand not to speak out whenever I see my friends or officemates not eating fruits and vegies. It’s a good thing that in my new work assignment now, I am surrounded by older and health conscious officemates. I get to eat many kinds of plant foods.

I don’t really have a healthy body, but I am striving to have one. 

I have not a good hair but I am spending to have a good one.

For me, taking care of our body is a lifetime obligation not only to ourselves but also to God. Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. We need to take care of our body, just as well as our soul.   
  
Spending for hair rebonding  is a short-term investment. 

Spending for our health is a lifetime investment.

Where would you want to invest?  

 Choose your pick.



Photo shot by the real "Anin" - J-anne Nina

  
  ***********************************



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...